Welcome to Pride of Southside, a community fundraising event hosted by SiNaCa Studios in the Near Southside Arts district on Saturday, October 30th 2021.
Make your own pint glass in Pint Glass Workshops, sample and rate local homebrew beers, watch live glass blowing demonstrations, and enter our raffle to win your own custom designed sculptural or functional piece, made collaboratively with SiNaCa artists the day of the event. Proceeds from the Pride of Southside event go towards our ACE Fund, which funds Artistic, Civic, and Educational Programming that SiNaCa puts on throughout the year, allowing us to offer programming that inspires and invites people to use the art of glass to create, express themselves, and heal. The ACE Fund helps us partner with incredible organizations like One Safe Place and Beads of Courage, as well as local schools and small group outreach like our veterans Courage Through Fire programming. Sign up to make a pint glass, sample the best of the brews, and see the glass in action while giving back to your community, or donate now to support the ACE Fund! https://www.paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/1217171
EVENT REGISTRATION | How you can support
All pre-purchased items will be ready for pick up the day of the event. The hand crafted glass mugs will be picked out on a first come basis, so get here early for the largest selection.
Buy a raffle ticket to win your own custom collaborative piece-Raffle winner will design and help produce a glass art piece to take home for their own personal collection. Winner will be drawn at 3:30. The winner will spend the next 90 minutes working with our team and lead SiNaCa artist to help bring their sculptural or functional design to life. You must be present to win! $600 value.
Homebrew “Best in Show” Competition, Brewers Choice Competition and Award Ceremony
- October 30 | 2p-6p
- Free to the public to meet the homebrew competitors and event sponsors
- Watch live glass blowing demonstrations 4pm-6pm
- Live music from Mathew Broyles and Rachel Golay | Music is presented by The Loop Artist Rehearsal Complex
- 21+ can enjoy free samples from our brewery sponsors
- Voting for the Best in Show competition will close at 5:30
- Winners will be announced and prizes for 1st-3rd places will be awarded at 5:45
BREWER’S REGISTRATION | Compete for Best in Show
- A copy of the letter of approval from the TABC will be given to each participant to include with the BOL during transport. TABC Authorization Letter 2021
- Winner must not work at or have worked at a brewery
- Brewer Entry: Best in Show $20 ($30 late entry after 10/20)
- Included with each entry fee
- Up to 2 beers into the Best in Show competition
- One commemorative scorecard and voting ticket
- One event t-shirt
Pick up Some Swag:
- Hand Crafted Glass Mug $50
- 2021 Custom Event Tee $20
- In Case You Missed it Tees ($5-$15)
LIMITED REGISTRATION | Get ’em before it’s too late
Have the Full Experience: $80
- Homebrew Judging Club (Order of the Unicorn)
- Hand Crafted Glass Mug
- 2021 Custom Event Tee
Pint Glass Workshop: $60
This year we have a limited help blow your own pint glass. Select, apply, and heat colored glass to molten clear glass. Help shape and blow the glass in to a mold to form your pint glass. Glasses will be ready for pick up the following Saturday. Register for this limited opportunity below.
SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT SPONSORS
Sponsorship, Partnership and Matching opportunities are still available. Download our Sponsorship Document for more information.
IN KIND BREWERY SPONSORS | Samples from the pros
Get a Raffle Ticket
Homebrew Judging Club